Bullying Fan – Supporting a friend who is being bullied
Supporting a friend who is being bullied fan provides 10 suggestions to give a friend confidence and guidance when they know a friend is being bullied. Simple strategies that really work with emphasis on telling an adult. This fan can be used in conjunction with ‘buddy systems’ you may already have in place.
It’s not easy to support friends who are being bullied. Loyalties are called into question the child may not know who to turn to for advice and feel responsible for the child in question.
This fan supports a friend of someone who is being bullied by giving sound advice and guidance in a very simple format using a communication fan.
There are 10 suggestions:
- Let you friend know you are care about them
- Talk to your friend about what is happening
- Include the friend in your group
- Bring in other friends and make a group
- Stick up for your friend
- Don’t bully back even if you are defending your friend
- Off to go with your friend when they tell someone
- Tell an adult about your friend
- Tell someone privately if your friend won’t tell
- You can call 0808 800 222 for advice
This fan is also available in a classroom boxed set of 6, set of 10, set of 20 or 30. Use the drop down menu above to select.